The Society is lucky to have a copy of the Sale Document of 1839 when the then Lord of the Manor sold off his estate and, whilst he did not own every building in the village, he did own a large proportion. The description of each property is such that our ever-
Finally, although the village green has been part of village life for hundreds of years, the pond, or The Pit as it is referred to on some maps, does not seem to have been so long-
This map predates the first Ordinance Survey maps by almost 90 years so the cartographer, John Flintoft, must have been well-
A small section of the model village
John Flintoft’s map of 1760
More photos of the model village can be seen here.